I am delighted to let you know that this year your child will be given the opportunity to register their interest in the National Citizen Service (NCS) summer 2017 programme - an exciting, unique opportunity which connects young people from different backgrounds across Hampshire, builds confidence and inspires them to make a positive impact in their local area.
Personal Best Education (Mountbatten School Services Ltd) is the local provider of NCS, a government-funded programme. They deliver a part-residential programme which consists of four parts taking place over 4 weeks, Monday to Friday, after exams in the summer.
Why do NCS?
• Young people meet a network of amazing people
• It boosts employability skills
• It makes students CV’s and UCAS statements stand out
• Young people can access future opportunities from top employers
• Young people learn to budget and live for themselves
• Gives young people a chance to get their voice heard!
You can visit www.mypbed.co.uk/ncs for more information about the programme and to sign up. You can also contact our local NCS Engagement Coordinator on email@example.com or on 07540 767 488.
Places for the programme are on a first come first served basis and early application is advised as the programme has limited spaces. We highly recommend this unique and valuable opportunity and hope you will encourage your child to take part.
(NCS Young Person Engagement Manager)